Pages

QUICK LINKS

I AM SORRY! SHOP IS CLOSED, BUT STILL VIEWABLE AS A CATALOG REFERENCE. ALL TERMS CONDITIONS AND COPYRIGHTS REMAIN and YOU MAY NOT SELL IN ANY FORM, PRODUCTS YOU HAVE PURCHASED FROM DOODLE PANTRY

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Blackberry Jelly Jar Labels


I made some blackberry jelly this week (YUM!) and was needing to make the labels all cute for them. 
I used the new purple color flower dot digi paper in the Country Flavors Digi Paper Pack for the circle bases and created a smaller white opaque circle centered inside it in Photoshop. Then inserted text and the Blackberries graphics overtop and arranged them by sight how I wanted.
I saved my graphic out as .jpg and .png and was able to place it in a Word document so that I could print these on label paper and punch them out.  I also made little rectangles the same way for the sides of the jars.
I also punched and cut clear self adhesive laminate sheets to go overtop the labels to "seal" them so that if wetness occurred on the labels on the jars during use, the ink wouldn't smear.
Here's how they turned out!
I actually made 20 half cup jars, but only could fit 4 of them in my picture taking space.  I'll be keeping a few for myself, and sending my bachelor dad some, and then using the rest as thank you gifts.


Now I'm suddenly in the mood to make a big batch of homemade bbq sauce to can!    Hmm....

9 comments:

Elizabeth Hart said...

Laurie - these jars of yummy jelly turned out so delightful!!

Glenda Atkins said...

Wonderful Laurie, your jelly looks so yummy and the labels are so cleverly done. However do you find the time, I am in awe:O)!

Glittered Paws said...

Yummy - love the labels - makes the jelly jars into a wonderful little giftie. I used to make my own but with just dh and self we just don't eat that much jelly anymore.

Patti P. said...

Laurie, so very cute and so jealous of your canning ability.
hugs...

Unknown said...

These turned out fabulous Laurie. Wish there was a need for you to send me a thank you...lol.

Pat (mspfd) said...

The labels on your yummy blackberry jellies look fantastic!

Heather said...

Do you share your recipes? I would love to try it (and since I'm assuming I'm NOT getting a jar of yours, I guess I'll have to make my own LOL). Love the labels. I did the same thing when I made Sugar Body Scrub as gifts (put the clear laminate over the label).

Georgia Ehrmann said...

Wonderful labels and top labels! You make me crave some of that yummy looking jelly!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

I have no problem sending you my address for a jar that wouldn't fit in your picture. I have not been able to find blackberry bushes this year. I know I can buy them, but it's just not the same as picking as when I was younger....sorta stealing from nature, but nature glad to let me have them.